Now that kids are back in school and all the after school activities are in full swing, quick and easy dinners become key! Sweet Potato Quiche is a family favorite around here. I love to serve it for an easy dinner, reheat it for breakfast, or bring it to a Sunday brunch. I recommend making it on the weekend so you can just pop it in the oven and reheat when needed. My family enjoys quiche with a side salad and avocado toast, sprinkled with Everything but the Bagel Spice. Sooo good!
This recipe is very versatile, so I encourage you to play around with whatever veggies your family enjoys. If your kids aren’t a fan of veggies yet, start with just the sweet potato crust and egg/ cheese mixture, then slowly add a few pieces of finely chopped veggies. Have your kids help make the quiche. The more we can involve our children in the process the better. It can be as simple as having your little ones, rip a few pieces of spinach, whisk the eggs, or sprinkle the salt and pepper.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
1. The key to making the crust is thinly cutting the sweet potato into circles.
2. Once your crust has cooked for about 20 minutes and all your veggies are sautéed, spread them out on top of the crust.
3. Pour the egg/ cheese mixture over the veggies and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Sweet Potato Quiche
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 handfuls of spinach
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup hard goat cheese, shredded (or cheese of choice)
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cutting board
- Child friendly knife
- Glass pie dish
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease a pie dish with avocado oil.
- Thinly slice potato into circles.
- Layer the sweet potato circles on the bottom of the dish. Cut the remaining circles in half to line the sides of the dish with sweet potato.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can easily poke a fork through the sweet potato.
- While the crust is baking, heat up a skillet to medium heat. Once heated add avocado oil, grass fed butter, or ghee. Add mushrooms and sautée until soft, about 5 minutes, and then add spinach. Sautée for about another 5 minutes, until spinach is cooked down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Once crust is done, add sauteed veggies, and then pour egg mixture over veggies.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown edges. Enjoy!