Making your own jam is super easy, delicious, and you can control the amount of sugar. Many store bought sugars have 12 grams of sugar in just one tablespoon which converts to 3 teaspoons of sugar! I love this recipe because of the added chia seeds which are packed with fiber, protein, and fat along with many vitamins and minerals.
1 12 oz. organic mixed bag frozen berries
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup *
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Play around with amount of sweetener and adjust as needed.
- In a small sauce pan, add one bag of frozen berries and cook on low until fully thawed.
- Mash the berries until you have your desired consistency.
- Add, chia seeds, honey or maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Pour jam into, 2 8 oz mason jars.
- Jam will thicken upon cooling.
- I like to put one jar in the freezer and one jar in the fridge to use right away.